|Chapter One: The Presidency and the Power Float: Our
Rotating Prime Ministers
The Image of Power: The President as John Wayne
- Presidential travel
- John Wayne image is misleading
- Power Reality: Our Rotating Premiers
- Power is much more decentralized
- Power floats
- Less like a seesaw and more like water polo
- The president is always part of the power mix but not necessarily the
- To govern, a president has to move toward the middle.
- The root causes of the modern power float lie in the political
transformations of the last twenty five years that have altered the
power game and the way our nation is governed.